Terms & Conditions
of the Stories Uncorked Platform
§ 1. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLATFORM
- The internet platform at www.storiesuncorked.com is run by the trainings and events organizer, i.e. the Warsaw Uncorked event agency Anna Kruszczyńska (hereinafter: "Warsaw Uncorked") with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Grzybowska 87, entered into the Polish Central Register and Information on Economic Activity, tax ID - NIP: 5271441285, REGON: 366755670.
- These Terms and Conditions set out the rules for using the internet platform at the electronic address www.storiesuncorked.com (hereinafter: the Platform), which is used for the presentation and sale of services (e.g. cultural, gastronomic, entertainment events such as tastings, conferences, workshops, local trips or foreign organized by Warsaw Uncorked) and for the information on places and products/ services of companies cooperating with and recommended by Warsaw Uncorked.
- These Terms and Conditions also specify the terms and technical conditions for the provision of electronic services by Warsaw Uncorked, in particular via the internet platforms of Evenea.pl, dotpay and paypal.
- The platform contains the following categories of offers: Wine tastings, Wine games and quizzes, Visit wineries, Language of wine workshops, Online tastings, Tailor-made tasting events.
§ 2. PLATFORM USERS
- The User is any natural or legal person familiarizing themselves with the information available on the Platform and/or registering using the Platform:
a) for events organized by Warsaw Uncorked,
b) in the login panel, enabling access to content and events restricted to persons using individual identification or paid services.
- Each User is obliged to comply with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions from the moment they take steps to use the Service offered by Warsaw Uncorked, with particular emphasis on the start of data transmission.
- For proper use of the Platform, it is recommended to use the latest versions of web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer version 7.0 or higher or their equivalents, i.e. web browsers enabling the display on the User's computer screen of hypertext (HTML) documents made available on the Internet via the WWW service. It is recommended that the electronic equipment used to use the Platform (desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone with internet access etc.) should be equipped with the operating system recommended by the manufacturer, taking into account system updates necessary for its proper operation. A continuous and undisturbed internet connection is necessary for the website to function properly.
- The Warsaw Uncorked offer is addressed to individual clients (hereinafter: Private User) and business clients (hereinafter: Business User).
- The Business User is an entrepreneur concluding a cooperation agreement with Warsaw Uncorked in the scope of their business activity and/or in connection with commercial activity, including internal company trainings, promotional events aimed at developing the customer network and/or creating a professional image of the Business User.
- The Private User is the consumer within the meaning of art. 221 of the Polish Civil Code Act of April 23, 1964 (Journal of Laws of 1964 No. 16, item 93), i.e. the User concluding an agreement with Warsaw Uncorked within the scope not related directly to the commercial/professional activity or to the business activity conducted by them.
- Events offered through the Platform may be paid or unpaid. Detailed conditions, rules of participation and information about payment are specified each time in the description of the event or service made available on the Platform. If you have questions about the offer, you can contact Warsaw Uncorked by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +48 516 370 070 or via the contact form available on the Platform under the "Contact us" tab.
- In order to correctly register via the Platform for an event or service offered by Warsaw Uncorked, the agency provides a registration form on the Platform to identify the User, and in the case of events subject to payment - to collect payments from the User in the 'Cart' tab, the link to which is in the upper navigation panel of the Platform.
- The User may not impersonate other persons or disclose their registration data to other persons, except for persons duly authorized by the User to act on their behalf. The User is obliged to (i) provide truthful and not misleading information during registration and use of the Platform and in communication with other Users and Organizers, and (ii) to comply with applicable law and respect all third party rights.
- The minimum requirements for identifying a Private User when registering for an event or to use the service offered through the Platform include an email address, name, telephone number and address. This information is used to confirm and settle payments and contact between Warsaw Uncorked as the organizer and the User to provide information related to the organization of the event or to the provision of the service, in particular detailed organizational information, confirmation of the presence of registered participants, and in cases required by law - to the verification of the User's identity and age of majority.
- The minimum requirements that identify a Business User when registering for an event or to use the service offered by Warsaw Uncorked include an email address, company name, tax identification number, country of residence, name of the contact person, registration address and telephone number. This information is used to confirm and settle payments and contact between Warsaw Uncorked as the organizer and the User to provide information related to the organization of the event or to the provision of the service, in particular detailed organizational information, confirmation of the presence of registered persons, and in cases required by law - to the verification of the User's identity and age of majority.
- The registration of a legal person and of an organizational unit without legal personality, as well as all further activities regarding these entities on the Platform, can be made by a person who is authorized to perform on their behalf all the activities required for the effective conclusion of the contract between the User and Warsaw Uncorked.
- In the case of a Private User, registration and purchase of a ticket for an organized event takes place online, via:
a) Warsaw Uncorked Platform;
b) or the dedicated Warsaw Uncorked subpage at www.evenea.pl for ticket sales, equipped with an integrated online payment system;
c) tickets may be purchased on site on the day of the event, after prior agreement with the event organizer (Warsaw Uncorked) and seat reservation. In this case, payment can be made by card or cash.
c) The registration means also the conclusion of a contract with Warsaw Uncorked and it is confirmed by a separate e-mail sent to the User to the electronic address provided during registration.
- The platform managed by Warsaw Uncorked provides payment systems:
a) DotPay (Dotpay limited liability company with its registered office in Kraków at 72 Wielicka St., 30-552 Kraków, registration number in the National Court Register KRS 0000700791, website address: www.dotpay.pl),
b) Paypal (PayPal (Europe) S.à rl & Cie, SCA based at L-1150 in Luxembourg which has a valid license as a Luxembourg credit institution and is subject to the close supervision of the Luxembourg supervisory authority, Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier Financial; webiste address: www.paypal.com),
c) Evenea (EventLabs Sp.z o.o.with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. Łucka 18/76, 00-845 Warsaw, registration number in the National Court Register KRS 0000323662, website www.evenea.pl)
- In the event of inability to make payments through the above systems, the User may make an inquiry at email@example.com with regards to a bank transfer settlement in order to obtain the information necessary to correctly describe the transfer subject matter.
- Online payments made via the Plaftorm and/or Evenea.pl are made via the electronic payment system, in particular dotpay or paypal electronic payment system, where you can make a regular transfer or purchase with a debit card or credit card.
- After making the payment, the User receives a ticket or invoice via the Platform, as well as a payment confirmation generated directly by the selected electronic payment system (dotpay or paypal).
- The moment of conclusion of the contract with the User is the moment of crediting the payment for the event or service on the Warsaw Uncorked settlement account and in the case of cash settlements made before the event – the moment of making the cash payment.
- In the case of individual inquiries from Users in the scope not covered by the Platform, the presentation and acceptance of the offer, as well as the conclusion of a contract for the provision of services in the organization of events may be in writing (e.g. during a meeting or in the form of correspondence delivered by post) ) or - if the User accepts this form of communication - electronic form (exchange of electronic correspondence, including, among others, exchange of correspondence in the form of statements contained in e-mail messages or exchange of scans of documents or other digital content, e.g. offer documents) in the form of electronic files).
- Users may purchase one or multiple tickets for the same Warsaw Uncorked event. If the User purchases tickets for third parties, they are obliged to ensure that one ticket is allocated to no more than one person with proof of purchase of the ticket, that such person meets the conditions of using the services provided under these Terms and Conditions and that they have been appropriately instructed in its content.
- The proof of conclusion of the contract in electronic form (proof of purchase) is the ticket generated automatically at the time of purchase. The user has the right to receive an invoice after providing the necessary data to issue it.
- The User is entitled to participate in the event on the date indicated in the description of the event at the time of purchasing the ticket, upon presentation of proof of purchase. If the User has purchased an open voucher to one of the events organized by Warsaw Uncorked, participation in a specific event is based on the paid-up voucher and after prior confirmation with the organizer of the participation in a specific event.
- All Warsaw Uncorked events / services are addressed to persons over 18 years of age and have full legal capacity.
- By purchasing a ticket for a given event via the Warsaw Uncorked Platform or via a subpage on the evenea.pl portal dedicated to selling tickets for events organized by Warsaw Uncorked - a User who is a natural person confirms that they are over 18 years old and have read the Terms and Conditions and that they are authorized to act in the scope of registration under the Platform and/or purchase of goods or services from Warsaw Uncorked. Users may not transfer a ticket entitling them to participate in the Warsaw Uncorked event to a person under 18 years of age.
- Warsaw Uncorked has the right to verify the age and identity of the event participant based on a valid and current official personal ID document with a photo. In case of doubts during the verification regarding the User's age or his legal capacity - Warsaw Uncorked reserves the right to refuse the conclusion of an agreement with a given User or to withdraw from an agreement with a User.
- The User, their guardian or legal representative shall be obliged to repair damages suffered by Warsaw Uncorked as a result of the User presenting false or misleading information about their age, age, identity, legal capacity or representation.
- The condition of registering for a given event is the purchase of a ticket via the Platform owned by Warsaw Uncorked or evenea.pl portal. By making an online purchase, the User confirms that they have read the Terms and Conditions. To purchase a ticket for a given event, it is necessary to provide the necessary information (name, surname, email address, to which the User will receive confirmation in the form of a ticket or invoice).
§ 3. CHANGES IN THE SCOPE OF SERVICE
- 1. In accordance with art. 38 points 12 of the Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), the User is not entitled to withdraw from the contract pursuant to art. 27 abovementioned Act - in the scope of events and services provided by Warsaw Uncorked, the User's right to withdraw from the contract is excluded - and therefore purchased tickets are not refundable.
- The exception is the situation of changing the date or canceling the event by the event organizer, i.e. the Warsaw Uncorked agency. In this case, the User will be notified by e-mail or phone about the situation.
- In the event of an event being canceled, the refund will be made to the account from which the payment was made via dotpay or paypal, unless the User chooses the option of using another Warsaw Uncorked offer according to information provided for this purpose by Warsaw Uncorked. If the replacement service is at the same price as the original offer, then Warsaw Uncorked will transfer the funds and change the User registration. If there is a difference in price between the originally selected event or service - in the case of an overpayment, Warsaw Uncorked will refund the overpaid price, and in the event of underpayment - the User will pay the difference in price on the date and on terms agreed with Warsaw Uncorked. The failure to make the additional payment on time will mean that the parties have not concluded a contract for a more expensive offer and Warsaw Uncorked will refund to the User the full price of the original ticket without offering other substitute services.
- If the event date changes, the User will be offered to participate in the event organized on the new date. If the new date is not suitable for the User, after receiving such information from the User, the funds will be returned to the number of the settlement account from which the payment was made via dotypay or paypal.
- Complaints and/or claims arising from contracts concluded with Warsaw Uncorked in electronic form should be reported by post to Warsaw Uncorked, ul. Grzybowska 87, 00-844 Warsaw or electronically to the address __________, with the indication of the User submitting the complaint, with a detailed description of the content and basis of the complaint and with the request of the person submitting the complaint. The complaint will be considered within 14 days, and the answer will be sent to the address indicated in the complaint. When considering a complaint, account will be taken in particular of its legal and factual justification, based on information and, if applicable, documents submitted to support the claim.
- If the data or information provided in the complaint and/or claim require supplementing, before considering the complaint, Warsaw Uncorked shall ask the person submitting the complaint to supplement it in the indicated scope.
- A response to the complaint and/or claim will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the complaint and/or claim, unless the User requests a written response.
- In the event that the User who is a consumer submits a complaint and Warsaw Uncorked does not accept the claim, the User may then use out-of-court complaint consideration and redress methods.
- Out-of-court complaint consideration and redress methods include, among others
a. proceedings before a permanent consumer arbitration court operating at the Trade Inspection;
b. a request to initiate mediation proceedings with the voivodeship inspector of the Trade Inspection;
c. intervention of the poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsman or social organization whose statutory tasks include consumer protection (including the Consumer Federation, Association of Polish Consumers);
d. resolving disputes on-line, by means of electronic communication (Online Dispute Resolution) by ODR entities.
- Detailed information on the possibility of using out-of-court complaint consideration and redress methods and the rules for accessing these procedures are available at the offices and on the websites of poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, social organizations, whose statutory tasks include consumer protection and Voivodship Inspectorates of Trade Inspection.
§ 4. FINAL PROVISIONS
- In relations between participants of events covered by these Terms and Conditions, the Warsaw Uncorked agency shall not be liable to third parties for false statements of the User related to their identity, in particular in the event they use an identity document obtained as a result of a criminal act.
- Warsaw Uncorked has exclusive copyrights to the content and forms of presentation of content published on the Platform.
- Users have access to these Terms and Conditions at any time via the link on the Warsaw Uncorked Platform home page.
- The provisions of these Terms and Conditions are subject to Polish law, and disputes that may arise with respect to the Terms and Conditions or to contracts concluded electronically with Warsaw Uncorked will be subject to resolution by a common court competent for the registered office of Warsaw Uncorked, unless mandatory provisions of law provide for other jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions adopted on 19/05/2020